In a matter of 2 days, I had 4 people ask me why no more blogs...and if they werent all from random different parts of friends/family...I would think you guys were conspiring (did i spell that right?) against me!! So here is what has been going on...
For those of you who do not know...I quit my job at Hamricks (finally) and am now working full time at Lane Bryant...I love it...the store manager and I have gotten really close, and 2 of the associates I work with are really awesome too, so it was a GREAT move for me. Aside from that ill have better benefits, and only had to wait an extra 2 weeks for them (they start May 1st) Ill also have sick days, and i START with 2 weeks vacation. Needless to say I dont plan on taking them for a while because we're broke...but at least I have them there for when we DO have the money to take a cheap trip..even if its just to come up north for a week and se everyone..
On Robs story...Rob quit his NY job b/c they were pissing him off ROYALLY. After a few weeks of nothing, he got a job with a marketing company...they had him working on 100% commission, and were trying to get him to work in territories that were 2+ hours away...So needless to say he was spending more in gas, and putting more miles on hiscar...then he was making selling the shit, so he quit that. Starting monday, he will be working at a Pontiac/Buick/GMC dealership in Cary (so if anyone is in the market for a new car, call us :)
On a sad note...for anyone who doesnt know...my cousin Jenna was hit by a car (some stupid drugged up shithead) a few days ago...She seems to be doing better from what I hear, out of ICU and in stable condition. She is in a lot of pain, but we are all hopeful that she will be okay (as okay as she can be after something like that) So all of your thoughts and prayers on that would be awesome.
On a lighter note...We have been able to make several trips down to mommy's house...the dogs absolutely love going down there and having Sandy to play with and the yard to run around in. Not to mention all of the walks their Poppi (Stan) takes them on!! They get so spoiled!! And on that note...Tigger is officially TALLER that Madison...she is still wider and stronger..but that probably willnot last long!!
Wed morning I heard something on the radio about a $25 gift card for Panera bread...so of course i picked up the phone and started calling in...I just about gave up when it started ringing, and sure enough, I was caller # 9!! Even better...I not only won the giftcard...but a pair of jeans, and Tickets for me and 1 guest (Rob) to go to a Craig Morgan concert (Country music) and the meet and greet before the show!! So we got to meet him, and take a picture with him, and I had him sign a dollar bill. I wasnt feeling well, so we didnt stay long, but all in all the concert was good, and the place it was at was actually like a HUGE sports bar...so we found a new place to go every once in a while...we determined that EVERYONE could enjoy it...it has Kareoke for my friends...bull riding for Robs friends, and pool tables for everyone else! Not to mention the HUGE wooden dance floor that they...oh yeah..you guessed it...use for COUNTRY LINE DANCING...YEEEEEE HAWWWWWWWWWW
Other than that it is just working workin working...and hanging out with Laura (our neighbor upstairs)
The next guests appear to be the Koker family!! Mom & Dad along with John Amy and our neice Emma, so we are very excited about that!!
If anyone else wants to come visit let us know!! We have PLENTY of room as long as we dont have 8 people come the same weekend..then some of yaz would hafta sleep on the floor :)
2 comments:
wow- that was quite a blog! I think its time for another visit to Winnabow- we MUST get Tigger on the beach! We'll have to coordinate our weekends, now that we are ALL working! Love ya- nonni
Nice to see the update,been awhile. There was no conspiracy by any of us to get you to update :). Wish Rob well with the Job, will send any possible car buyers his way. Give Maddie and Tigger a hug for me
Love Dad
Post a Comment